Friday 4 April 2014

The Waiting Room


     I sink into a chair and stare at the clock, waiting to hear the news of my grandma’s accident. The white walls and foul floors seem to be moving in a wobbly motion. Everyone their for her is crying except for me I feel I need to be strong for them, to show that everything will be alright. Even though deep down I have a awful feeling that makes the blood in my head pump so hard it might explode. All you can hear is the phones ringing and the odd pa announcement which didn’t help with this awkward silence. I didn’t mind nobody talking though I could just think; think of what I and my grandma will do when she gets out because she just has to be okay. I can smell my sister’s fries and chicken strips from across the room, I’m so hungry I could vomit but the last thing on my mind is food. I hear a squeaky pair of shoes coming down the hall; everyone looks at once at a doctor that can't even look into my eyes. He say, you may want to take a seat. Shacking, stuttering, sluking, I walk out; I can't spend one more minute in that hospital.

No comments:

Post a Comment